Friday, October 15, 2010

Windows Phone 7 Game State Management using XNA

Not so long ago I wrote a Puzzle game for Windows Phone 7 using XNA. The game was really simple and had no menu or state management. Luckily, I recently stumbled upon a sample on MSDN that describes the basics of implementing game state management using XNA.

To try things out a bit more I modified my existing puzzle game and included the sample game state management code. The results are pretty amazing!

Here's how my Puzzle Game for Windows Phone 7 looks like now:



If you're getting into writing games for Windows Phone 7 using XNA then you should really check out the Game State Management sample here:
http://create.msdn.com/en-US/education/catalog/sample/game_state_management

I described in detail how I built my puzzle game application in an article called Writing a Puzzle Game for Windows Phone 7 using XNA. Try checking it out, I hope you find it interesting

No comments: